Singtel, Asia’s leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values – Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence – shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
The role of the Engineer is to handle the Service delivery & Operations for the systems in Analytics Enablement dept. Mainly the System engineering and administration, which is responsible for planned upgrades and daily operational tasks to ensure the service assurance and security of both Staging and Production systems
• Conduct product evaluations, upgrade implementations, project tasks for systems/network expansions.
• Designs and manages the execution of a high quality implementation plan for each project, considering numerous factors such as the technical landscape, business drivers and operations, and the schedule requirements of the multiple parties involved.
• Perform software patch loading, configuration changes, system and service testing of software/hardware updates, upgrades and roll-out new related products and services.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with system vendor(s) for the delivery, testing and timely implementation of new software, hardware and modules.
• Liaise and co-ordinate with internal integration teams for integration requirements, implementation and deployment.
• Develop and review test cases for the service based on functionality and operational requirement based on the Functional Specification and Scope of work.
• Involve in technical planning, implementation and delivery for enhancement projects
• Perform system and service testing to roll-out new related products and services.
• Ability troubleshoot and perform root causes failure analysis for software, hardware and network faults related to the service nodes.
• Develop, build and maintain automated regression test suites.
• Automation of the manual tasks and Responsible for end-end architecture designing.
Ideal candidate should / must have
• Possess good level of knowledge in design and implementing system in IP networking and server hosting infrastructure using commodity hardware and software.
• Experience with Change Management, Patch management and Configuration management will have advantage
• Good knowledge in Linux administration and System Security would be an added advantage.
• Certification in CCNA and/or CCNP is desirable.
• Preferably with minimum 2-3 years working experience in computer and IP networking in the telecommunications industry , in the role of network and system integration & Operation.
• Knowledge and experience in big data and data science will have significant advantage.
• Possess good analytical and systematic troubleshooting skills in the area of technical fault isolation and rectification.
• Read and analyze the logs, ability to solve technical problems related to systems integration and production system issues.
• Review the solution design in considering with security impacts .
• Understand risk assessment and accountable decision-making experience.
• Able to work outside normal working hours to coordinate upgrades and patch loading as such activities may disrupt mobile services.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.