Singtel, Asia’s leading communications technology group, provides an extensive range of telecommunications and digital services to millions of consumers and businesses across Asia, Australia, Africa and the USA. With over 140 years of innovation behind us, we continue to push boundaries in our networks and services, to enrich lives and transform businesses.
Our core values – Customer Focus, Challenger Spirit, Teamwork, Integrity, and Personal Excellence – shape the way we work. We are passionate about making a difference and have an open and inclusive culture where everyone is empowered to do their best. Our diverse business means you will enjoy unique opportunities and rewarding experiences to learn and grow your career in a dynamic industry.
Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
The Group Digital Office has been established to align, accelerate and enable digitalisation efforts across the Group. We work alongside the group’s business unit leaders to reshape Singtel’s core businesses, processes, systems and culture so as to transform Singtel Group into a digital company.
We are looking for a versatile and dynamic leader who has significant experience developing digital strategy and orchestrating an enterprise-wide transformation program. S/he will have a passion to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels and be skilled at orchestrating change through systemic interventions.
1. Develop a clear and consistent digital strategy and roadmap across the Singtel Group
• Develop an enterprise wide Singtel Group digital ambition, strategy and implementation roadmap
• Define Group-wide objectives and metrics, stress test and push the ambition for individual BUs
• Identify universe of Group-wide digital use cases, tools and programs to be addressed as part of digital roadmap.
• Incorporate new innovative technologies and industry best practices into roadmap through external research and networking, and internal stakeholder advocacy
2. Drive disciplined execution through all Digital Units against the Singtel Group’s digital roadmap
• Champion and drive the adoption of digital strategy and roadmap across the BUs
• Drive the adoption of Group-wide metrics, digital tools and programmes across the BUs.
• Define process governance frameworks and establish Group-wide policy of use and operating framework
• Scale the deployment practices across the Group to achieve optimal productivity
• Engage ongoing dialogue with BUs to identify opportunities and build healthy pipeline of digitalisation initiatives.
• Review and track key deliverables, facilitating escalations as required to achieve strategic outcomes.
• Provide input on groupwide digital change management and communication plan
3. Accelerate adoption of digital ways of working across Singtel Group by devising and implementing change programs in collaboration with internal and external digital ecosystem partners
• Cultivate an innovative mindset (e.g. through hackathons and moonshot incubation program)
• Drive and embed user-centric problem-solving practices (e.g. Design Thinking)
• Foster cross-group collaboration and sharing (e.g. by nurturing and facilitating cross-GBU communities of practice)
• Drive adoption of Agile and develop strategy to scale agile to reach desired agile maturity level across the organisation
• Define the Agile, Design Thinking and Change Management playbooks and ensure consistent roll-out and embedding of these ways of working across the Group
• Build digital practitioner capabilities in agile and design thinking to sustain new ways of working
• Upskill workforce’s digital capability
4. Enable clear external and internal appreciation of value created by Singtel’s digitalization e.g. by clearly articulating the strategy (in collaboration with Investor Relations) and by developing / maintaining a framework for measuring digital value creation (in collaboration with Finance)
5. Act as a catalyst of change.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.