About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you’ll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always Simple.
The Data and Privacy Transformation Programme, within Group COO – Trust, Data & Resilience, aims to uplift existing processes and controls and to improve customer experience. This role will involve working closely with the Learning team and the Capability Building workstream lead and product owners to drive forward the overall learning impact of Data & Privacy Operations contents delivered to the Business and Functions team and 2nd line Compliance colleagues. The role holder will also help to develop and promote innovative approaches to training & development needs with a focus on leveraging and promoting current and future learning technologies that create a fit for purpose offering that is both engaging, sustainable and forward focused.
• Review requirements from stakeholders and provide subject matter expertise on the feasibility / solutioning /operationalisation
• Work closely with the workstream lead and product owners to design and implement the data and privacy training roadmap to ensure capabilities are built into key processes and controls
• Support the workstream to initiate and execute related campaigns, manage ongoing campaigns, training, and surveys
• Support the distribution of communication and training through multiple channels
• Provide analysis and visualization of data and information gathered to maintain dashboard and to improve campaign delivery
• Provide assistance in vendor management for video / infographic creation process
• Develop and manage Data Management & Privacy Operations related community events
• Develop and deliver materials to support the successful adoption of change solutions for various audience types (non-technical business teams and technical teams) which include communication plans, SharePoint product sites, project tracking, readiness checklists, quick reference guides, FAQs, stakeholder analysis, and other change management materials
Regulatory and Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values, Valued Behaviours, and Code of Conduct
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Project Managers & Workstream Leads
• Head Operations, Data Management and Privacy
• Head Data Management and Privacy Operations
• Head of Process and Controls (Data, Privacy and Records)
• Business and Function stakeholders
• Learning team
• Regions & Country Data & Privacy Champions / Leads
• CFCC, Operational Risks and all 2nd Line of Defence
Leadership Competencies – Leadership Level:
Spot Opportunities – Thought Leader
Solve Problems – Thought Leader
Take the Lead – Thought Leader
Build Resilience – Thought Leader
Collaborate – Thought Leader
Communicate – Thought Leader
Deliver Sustainably – Thought Leader
Achieve Results – Thought Leader
Technical Competencies – Target Proficiency Level:
Manage Conduct – Advanced
Manage Risk – Advanced
Manage People – Advanced
• Extensive experience in a training-related / organisation development / learning & development role, ideally gained in a Data & Privacy related environment
• Excellent communication & presentation skills (both oral & written)
• Ability to multi-task, with excellent organisational and project management skills to meet deadlines
• Strong data analytical skills with experience in using Tableau or any other Data Visualization tool
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Experience in Agile project delivery methodologies
• Familiarity or experience in using video making software (i.e. adobe captivate, etc.) is an asset
• Understanding of Data Management & Privacy Standards & Policy would be an advantage
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.