As part of Compliance function, ensure compliance with applicable data protection rules and regulations & Personal account dealing policy. Also act as Fraud officer to investigate suspicious activities, if any.
Key Roles & Responsibilities: Bank’s Data Protection Officer:
• Contribution to the development and implementation of data protection policies and procedures in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations to keep them updated.
• To advise business groups and other support/control groups for compliance of the data protection policy and conduct required trainings
• Identification and mitigation of data protection risks in relation to technology, outsourcing, marketing programmes.
• Be the nominated data protection officer of the Bank, coordination with the governmental and regulatory authorities in relation to the activities under the data protection laws and regulations as well as handling and leading on the resolution of complaints from the public and staff in relation to the data protection.
Bank’s Fraud Officer:
• Conduct investigation and reporting of fraudulent activities that may occur from time to time.
• Drafting and Filing of MAS Notice 641 detailing the findings of investigation.
• Updating Fraud Management System for record consolidation.
Personal Account Dealing Policy:
• To provide guidance to all employees on the Personal Account Dealing Policy and to conduct Staff Training and counselling of staff from time to time
• To facilitate the filing of declaration and preparation of FAQs and guides to understanding the policy • Conducting a Review of policy – at least once every 2 years to ensure that the policy is relevant and up to date
• Annual Compliance Testing of declaration to ensure that all staff adhere to the policy and where applicable checks are done to ensure pre-trade clearances are sought Other Responsibilities: •
Review and update the Compliance Manual & AML policy for Singapore Compliance to provide guidance on rules in respect of regulatory requirements.
• Assist the Transaction Monitoring team in name screening and AML rule-based screening of transactions
• Manage and update VKomply Portal with up to date information and new regulatory developments
• Managing and tracking of submissions and letters through the use of Covenant Monitor and CG reporter. To ensure that all submissions are submitted in a timely manner.
• MAS Guidelines review to be done for guidelines issued by the Authority in relation to the business. Submission of review to head office and for internal update is to be done in a timely manner, assessing the potential impact of new guidelines and regulations.
• Conduct compliance review for Retail Banking, Private Banking and Corporate Banking Complaints to ensure adherence to applicable policies.