At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Data Hub Engineer in the Data Management team! !
Bank of Singapore has defined an ambitious roadmap for accelerating its data strategy through 1) the implementation of a Data Analytics Platform for the bank
2) the implementation of a Hub and Spoke organization for analytics with the Data Hub, as a center of excellence, supporting the business spokes of each department
3) a strong while agile data governance ensuring data quality, privacy and ethical use of data.
Reporting to the Director of Data Engineering, within the Data Hub organization, the senior He/She is responsible for the creation of intermediate views, turning raw database tables from various source systems into end user interpretable views. He/She will be responsible for the flow and traffic of data and ensuring availability as well as reliability of the database views for the data analytics platform. He/She will also be responsible for the number of users accessing the database and securing the sensitive data stored in the databases.
The data hub engineer is required to have strong technical skills in both SQL and Python.
Core activities :
1. Interpret and define a common understanding of raw data from various source systems
2. Design and build intermediate database views to facilitate common understanding as well as easy data access
3. Implement and perform high level data quality checks on source data
4. Perform design, tuning, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of data hub owned / managed views.
5. Implementation of coding best practices