SC Ventures (“SCV”) was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of “Rewiring the DNA in Banking” by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as “Intrapreneurs”, developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept (“POC”) framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund (“Fund”), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies (“fintechs”) whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models (“ventures”), with the objective of providing ‘optionality’ for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group’s existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group’s support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.
This role sits within Autumn Life a subsidiary of SCB
The Role Responsibilities
• Be the technical go-to person for Data Quality and Data Privacy-related governance requirements
• Perform Data Quality checks including Data Accuracy, Completeness, Consistency, Timeliness, Traceability, Integrity, and Validity.
• Undertake data analysis as required in order to validate/challenge and refine requirements.
• Partner with the CDO, delivery teams to ensure solution definition meets requirements and is delivered with accuracy and quality.
• Clear documentation of process flow diagrams, as is and to be processes – get it right the first time.
• Come up with clear Test scenarios / exit criteria and engage testing team well ahead to drive the quality of testing.
• Support Nexus Data requirements to review and document data governance policies, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders and collaboration partners to deliver the required deliverables.
• You will need to develop a standard set of analytic tools/scripts to enable business to perform data analytics
• This role highly requires candidate with strong data management, data analytics and data visualisation expertise.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Highly motivated individuals with a strong track record of achievement, leadership and high-performance drive, especially with similar previous roles in Banking.
• A team player and enjoy interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
• Able to creatively apply analytical solutions to business problems and can think out of the box in adapting to changes.
• Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
• Ability to adapt to evolving technology, strong sense of responsibility and accomplishment.
• 6 – 12 years of experience in Data roles
• Proven Experience in Data Governance, Data Management and Data Quality Management techniques.
• Strong query language skills (SQL , ETL )
• Documentation – Data Dictionary/Data Modelling/Data Lineage/Business Rules/DQ Rules/ Data Standards, Etc.
• Report Types – Gap Analysis/Problem Analysis/Data Quality Dashboards, Etc.
• Process/Data Modelling – ‘As Is’/’To Be’/ Visio etc.
• Strong data analysis skills using Python, SQL, Tableau and preferably Spark.
• Proven experience in working with key stakeholders within the business
• Proven problem solving skills
• Stakeholder Management / Analysis
• Presentation Skills – Data Story telling using visualisations
• Soft Skills – Communication/Negotiation/Relationship Building/Influencing
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.