(a) Responsible for the pro-active management of a portfolio of regional and global accounts in diversified industries by providing credit facilities in order to support OCBC Bank’s trading/treasury operations. Industries include: banks, non-bank financial institutions, hedge funds and investment funds
(b) Work with trading floor/treasury businesses to structure credit facilities that mitigate the credit risks inherent in derivatives and other trading floor/treasury business products.
(c) Co-ordinate the submission of accurate and timely credit reviews. Recommend changes to risk acceptance criteria, if necessary.
(d) Be well versed with the Bank’s credit policies and procedures and recommend credit policy changes, as required.
(e) Participate in the development of risk management standards, procedures and processes for new trading floor business products and structures.
(f) Ensure that new transactions and credit renewals meet OCBC’s risk acceptance criteria, credit policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
(g) Work in partnership with dealers/traders in order to understand business requirements and structure credit facilities to meet those specifications.
(h) Respond quickly and professionally to requests from the trading floor for credit authorizations.
(i) Negotiate credit terms of ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA
(j) To lead, guide and mentor junior credit analysts.
(k) Assess and approve credit propositions, reviews and transactions submitted by Business Units in a timely manner. The credit portfolio will consist primarily of Financial Institutions and Non-Bank Financial Institutions. The BUs include Capital Markets, Financial Institutions, Global Trade Finance and Global Treasury.
* Candidate should have graduated with a good degree from a recognized university.
* At least 5 years of relevant FI/NBFI credit experience.
* Strong knowledge of, and experience in, credit analysis as well as treasury products.
* Sophisticated analytical skills including extensive experience in analyzing financial statements
in order to assess credit risks.
* Team player, results-oriented and shows ability to adapt.
* Willingness and ability to express opinions and work in a high pressure environment.
* Knowledge in ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA
* Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.