Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
Investment Services (Real Estate)
With more than 300 separate Real Estate investments spanning over 40 countries, the Investment Services Management team for Real Estate plays a vital role to provide investment and asset management support to Real Estate Investment Professionals. This includes propagating industry best practices, improving efficiency by process design, providing timely and accurate performance reporting and overseeing the process of ingesting and presenting data to ensure GIC Real Estate continues to retain its competitive edge. The team also manages the Real Estate portfolio insurance program to ensure sufficient protection of downside risks.
An excellent opportunity now arises for an AVP, Regional Portfolio Operations to join the team.
• Partner with Investment Managers on deal execution ◦Advise the deal team of the internal workflows, policies and authorisation framework
◦ Project manage to ensure smooth closing of transactions
• Provide business insights through portfolio analytics and other reporting tools. Drive initiatives to continuously improve reporting capabilities
• Propagate industry best practices in portfolio reporting as well as investment and asset management processes. Work on initiatives to continuously enhance efficiency, capabilities and nimbleness in the processes
• Engage with business stakeholders to pragmatically implement process and policy controls in the real estate investment and asset management processes
• Manage and coordinate internal reporting cycles to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders
• Assist the Investment/Asset Managers in the administration of asset management activities
• Minimum 4 to 8 years’ work experience
• Finance/Real Estate related background
• Comfortable working/learning new technology applications and analytics tools
• Ability to drive coordination and project manage amongst various stakeholders
• Ability to communicate insights in a highly visual and interactive way
• Experience in the real estate sector would be an advantage
Ability to join the dots and work in a multi-disciplinary team
• Good team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Inquisitive self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Occasional travel will be required