Investment Services Public Markets
Investment Services Public Markets (ISPM) is an integrated team that provides investment service support for public market investment activities strategically and tactically. The team is responsible for business management functions for all public market investment strategy groups, as well as GIC’s global trade operations, custody control and asset servicing such as income entitlements, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate events of our underlying investments, futures and derivative operations, collateral management, pricing and rates, market data and rebalancing operations. The coverage extends across a spectrum of products such as equities, bonds, money market, foreign exchange, futures, collateralized securities and other derivatives.
We are looking for suitable candidates for an Associate position (2 years contract) in Asset Valuation and Analytics. The team is primarily responsible for providing independent, timely and good quality pricing, rates and analytics data for marking to market of GIC Public Market investments. The data is used to facilitate trading, security valuation, portfolio performance measurement, risk monitoring and collateral management.
• Perform data operations, investigate and resolve data exceptions on daily basis.
• Handle queries and requests from business users in a professional and timely manner.
• Recommend and implement processes and controls to support new products and new business strategies.
• Ensure that our valuation practices are consistent and in adherence to the Fair Valuation Policy.
• Monitor market developments/news and translate the impact to the valuation approach, methodologies and operations.
• Participate in projects/process changes to improve the accuracy and efficiency of valuation processes.
• Strong academic background in a quantitative discipline. Background in Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Statistics or a related field.
• Experience in data operations. Preferably 2 years of experience in a valuation role.
• Possess good knowledge of financial instruments and markets (at least one of EQ or FI).
• Experience in programming and databases including python, excel VBA and SQL.
• Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
• Keen to learn and take on new challenges in a dynamic, fast-paced and constantly evolving work environment.