Design producers guide design teams to better ways of working through the right tools and processes. They know what the team needs before they themselves do. And they advocate in the organisation to make it happen.
Your goal will be to enable the design team to do better work. You will dig deep to find out why things don’t work, fight hard to get rid of outdated processes, find ways to make our money go further and bring harmony to the team. Because of you, our designers will have the space to think, breathe and create.
Here’s how your week might look like
Your morning coffee will be accompanied by catching up on emails and Slack messages.
Collaborating with many different teams and departments across the organisations means you will have a lot of correspondence to keep up with.
Budgeting is never going to be far from your mind. You will constantly assess the team’s expenses and find ways to make our money go further, so that we can get the things we need.
At a company as large as DBS, there always is a process that can be more efficient. We will look to you for ways to work more effectively and happily. This role is very much about strategy. Constantly thinking of new ways to work and collaborate.
People are happy when they are focused and know that their day-to-day work is directly contributing to the team’s goals. So we would love you to help us measure our performance and track our tasks better.
Morning, day or night, you will be the go-to person when someone doesn’t know how something works. You will be our very own design operations oracle!
Here are the experience and skills we’d love you to have
1. You have just graduated and are motivated to give 150% to what you’ll learn to do well. OR you have working experience and would like to give Operations your best shot.
2. You have a growth mindset – you are open to constructive feedback and are hungry to learn what you don’t know. You may sometimes fail, but are not afraid to get back up and persevere for the right outcomes.
3. You are thoughtful and often pause to think critically about the issue at hand for the best resolution.
4. You communicate and listen well, are tactful yet get to the point.
5. You are comfortable with ambiguity and proactively ask questions to move forward.
1. You are good with numbers and can find your way around Excel.
2. You have project management experience and a passion to do things right.
3. You enjoy planning social events and get togethers.
4. De-cluttering gives you joy!
Your team and career
This role sits within Design Operations, one of the units in the Centre of Excellence team, and is based in Singapore. This is a regional group-level role and your role is significant in enabling Group Design to deliver best-in-class consumer, corporate and employee experiences for the bank.
You will report to the Head of Design Operations and will manage operations across people matters, finance and procurement. You will take an active role in optimising operational workflows and planning for new ideas to support the team on people engagement and culture building. You will be a key point of contact for our team and DBS and external partners.
As you grow in experience, you have the opportunity to specialise in business
management which focuses on maximising design impact for the business, and human capital management.
About Group Design
Hi, we are the DBS user experience and design team
We create digital products that deserve to be built because they solve real problems in an impactful way with empathy.
How we design
We go beyond numbers
Every dollar means something. No one actually wants money. We want what it can give us. So we acknowledge that money is not really about money. We inject emotion into our products to go from transactional to magical.
We have one profound idea
Because ambiguity is the enemy of good user experience. What is our unique value proposition? Would adding another feature dilute the idea or make it stronger?
Connect with us
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.