Assistant VP / Manager, System Analyst
Posting Date: 25-Nov-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Directly lead and manage a technical team responsible Enterprise Workflow systems and solutions
• Responsible for the execution and technical delivery of the projects that meet scope, timeline and within budget
• Conduct Technical Design Reviews
• Collaborate with enterprise and solution/application architects to deliver application solutions that comply with guiding principles and enterprise standards
• Drive proof of concepts to progress technical ideas to working solutions
• Ensue flawless production implementations by devising reliable procedures and automating deployment/release activities
• Plan project efforts to upgrade, enhance and maintain systems at supported release levels
• At least 8 to 10 years of experience in business process and/or technology implementations with 5 years of experience in managing technical team
• Experience in managing teams size in the range of 5 to 10 team members
• Experience in managing project deliveries in the range of 100-200 mandays
• Strong Technical Design acumen with ability to drive practical/structured solutions for critical business requirements
• Ability to work independently with excellent problem solving skills is a must
• Experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
• Experience in implementing large scale, highly available applications and multi-tiered systems
• Experience in implementing best practices in Unit Testing, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery and application quality
• Experienced in one or more of the following technologies
o IBM BPM Platforms
o IBM Filenet or other Document/ Content Management systems
• Exposure to Agile Methodologies and BPM Playback methodology.
• Experienced in IBM WebSphere application server products and solution deployments
• Added experience on storage design, storage interface and cryptography implementation
• Preferably experienced in Datacap 9.0 or related products for advanced cognitive capture, nature language processing, text analytics and machine learning technologies
• Preferably experience in Agile/AWS/Cloud and Container Related technologies
• Candidates with Engineering degree preferred
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.