Assistant VP, Global Markets E-Trading System Analyst
Posting Date: 18-Nov-2021
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values – Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Primary role is to work with the business and technical teams to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
• Collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of the solution. This includes coordinating the changes and implementation across the teams.
• Partner with Technical Architects and Development Lead to ensure solution design complies design principles, security and control standards.
• Perform hands-on testing of the changes to ensure it meets the requirements prior to user acceptance tests.
• Support users during user acceptance tests.
• Prepare and manage technical implementation plan across application teams – coordinate technical implementation activities across application teams to ensure smooth production cutover and adequate post implementation support
• When required, provide level 3 support (after helpdesk and app support), which includes answering production business queries, reproducing production issues in test environments and managing production issue bug fixes.
• Follow software development lifecycle processes and documentations.
• Over 10 years’ experience in working on an FX trading system, ideally in a top-tier bank.
• Experienced in leading an agile development and testing automation team.
• Good business domain knowledge in FX. Optionally in bonds, equities, derivatives and structured products.
• Good in mathematical and logical problem solving as this role involves understanding of complex pricing calculations.
• Communicates well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.