The Group Information Security Officer is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to prevent, monitor and respond to information/data breaches and cyber-attacks. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the
execution of Information Security directives and activities in alignment with Citi’s data security policy.
– Support the implementation of Information Security (IS) Training Plan, by verifying training participants completed the training and understand IS requirements
– Support the APAC CISO, APAC ISS Head, and GCB CISO in leading the Regional GCB IS team to formulate and
implementing IS strategy via key initiatives aimed at reducing IS risk for the organization.
– Coordinate with cross-functional Operations and Technology (O&T) counterparts and teams to improve O&T risk oversight
– Attend and participate in internal/external IS forums and risk committees when necessary and provide IS updates to the business
– Ensure stakeholders are held accountable for IS controls, and understand responsibilities in risk mitigation and remediation
– Improve processes, remove IS deficiencies and enhance current tools that reduce an overall risk profile
– Ensure security practices and standards compliance to reduce the likelihood of audit, regulatory and legal liabilities and reduce security risks by enhancing controls and minimizing weaknesses in Citi’s applications portfolio
– Ensure non-compliant items are addressed through coordination with Business Manager and business staff
– Support CISO (Chief Information Security Office) policies, standards, and initiatives development and implementation
– Provide guidance on IS aspects of projects in support of business initiatives
– Establish communication channels with cross-sector ISOs to efficiently tackle security issues that span multiple businesses
– Manage project deadlines, deliverables, planning, budgeting and policy formulation for the team, including short-term resource planning
– Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
– Collaborate and influence peer GISOs across the globe in building a forward looking Information Security program
– 10 years of relevant experience preferably in the Financial Industry
– Industry certifications such as CISSP/CISM/CCSP preferred
– Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply information security policies, standards and procedures
– Demonstrated ability to perform IS risk assessments
– Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
– Proven influencing and relationship management skills, especially with Senior management
– Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills
– Consumer Banking (Retail, Cards, Digital, and Consumer Operations) domain knowledge preferred
– Strong collaborative and communication skills required. Should be highly dependable team player with ongoing commitment to excellence
– Effective leadership skills with the ability to create empowered teams including knowledge sharing, documentation, timeliness and proactive planning.
– Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting