The Future of Work and What it Means for You
In today’s world, digital technology such as the internet is causing everything to move much faster. You have to be diligent and use the right strategies in order to succeed in the workplace. If you don’t, you could miss out on major opportunities to get your dream job and have a successful and long term career. So here is what you need to know about the future of work and what it means for you.
The future is pointing to certain industries maintaining strength and growing as well. You want to find a job in one of these industries if you are going to plan long term for your future:
The finance industry is almost always a strong sector. Banks are growing every day and they need great technology to compete with new technologies like Blockchain.
Startups are hot right now. If you want to get involved in making something great that can change the world, startups are a great career choice for the future.
The last several months have proven that even the most sophisticated organisations can be hacked. If you want to protect data for large companies and be paid well, look into security opportunities.
There are various roles you can choose from when leveraging the workplace of the future:
- Software Engineer – As a software engineer you will have the ability to program applications and websites for companies of all kinds. With the internet becoming the main platform for all business, you will never be out of demand for your skills and the hours and pay are great.
- IT Personnel – While the software we use is the thing that everyone sees, it all depends on networks of servers talking to each other on the back end. If you work in IT, you will have a valuable skillset that provides the backbone of the internet and will become important to any company you want to work for.
- Penetration Tester – Security is one of the most important aspects of any company. Cyber hackers are targeting firms of all sizes today. As a penetration tester, you will be responsible for figuring out what the weaknesses in your employer’s systems are and finding ways to strengthen their defence against online attacks.
- Marketing Manager – You can have the best product in the world, but you need to market it to succeed. In the future, companies will be even more reliant on marketing as products become easier to access and create. If you are a skilled marketer, then Singapore offers a number of opportunities in virtually every industry.
Singapore’s Rise and the Future of Work
If you are looking to take your career to the next level, one of the things you are probably asking yourself is where to be located. Your location will offer you certain opportunities over others and help you get to your goals faster. And Singapore is a location that is rising in popularity and opportunities every day.
- Economy – The economy is Singapore is rising steadily and quickly. More and more jobs are moving to Singapore because of this expansion and companies are hiring. This makes it a great market for job seekers who want to get paid what they are worth.
- Choices – In addition to the rising economy, there are also more opportunities to choose from in terms of companies to work for. This means in the future you will have leverage if you are employed in Singapore, letting you have your pick of options.
- Transportation – In some cities or countries, transportation is a nightmare. Just figuring out how to get from work to your home, much less go out of town for a weekend, is a hassle. It can also be unreliable and expensive, either causing you to miss work or pay too much to get around. And then there is the safety factor. Luckily, in Singapore, the transportation system is superb. With new routes being added recently and more in the future, it is easy to get around at a reasonable rate. And you don’t have to worry about the system being late. You can always drive or hire a driver if you choose, but knowing that you have choices is liberating.
- Safety – In many places, you have to worry about your safety when walking around at night or even any time of the day. Singapore is one of the safest places in the world with a very low crime rate.
- Travel – If you want to travel but don’t like spending thousands of dollars on flights, then Singapore is perfect. Many beautiful vacation destinations are a short and affordable flight away.
- Education – Singapore boasts some of the best public and private education in the world. This is especially critical if you have children or plan to some day. Their education will impact their ability to have successful futures.
If you are going to prepare yourself going forward for the workplace of tomorrow, you need to be qualified. It is not enough to have some basic high school experience. You need training and certification in your field of work in the future.
You can take ongoing education courses, short coursers for certification, or receive on-the-job training. It depends on your wants and needs. But with how fast technology changes today, never stop learning.
Finding the Right Fit
At the end of the day, you need to be able to find the right fit for you. There are various ways to accomplish this. In the future, using platforms like www.FutureWork.sg, which allows you to connect with employers for free using a website or app from any internet device, will be critical to your success. It lets you save time and find the best opportunities for you.
In addition, you can network in person. Cities like Singapore have a lot of events happening at any given moment. This makes it easier to meet people who have similar interests to you.
If you are looking to improve your career or make a big change, it is crucial to have the right information. Social media and the web at large are changing the world faster and faster each day. In order to stay on top of it all, you need to understand what the future of work will look like. That way, you can prepare and put yourself in the best situation to succeed now and going forward.
Submit your CV, browse jobs, subscribe for future updates from FutureWork.sg today!
The Future of Work and What it Means for You
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!